Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cucumber Mint Lemonade



Here's the recipe for the Cucumber Mint Lemonade I have been making for markets lately. It sells out quickly and people are always asking how I made it. It's couldn't be more simple (maybe because I don't make the lemonade part from scratch; we don't grow lemons, after all) and you can make it yourself in minutes at home.

Ingredients:

1/2 Gallon Lemonade (your favorite brand - I've used Santa Cruz, Simply Lemonade, and Whole Foods 365 Brand - they're all good bases).

1 Medium Cucumber

1 oz. Mint Leaves (add more if you want a really minty drink)

The Juice and pulp from 1/2 Lemon

Directions:

Puree the Cucumber, with skin on, and mint in food processor until there are no big chunks of cucumber left. Stir in the juice and pulp from the lemon, and then add this mixture to your lemonade. Shake up and serve over ice.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for the "divine sisters of the hood" (girlfriends), they loved it with and without it being spiked! Such a nice summer drink! I added
    S. Pellegrino sparkling mineral water to frozen lemonade concentrate, so good!!! Will pay it forward for sure, thanks Bend, OR

    ReplyDelete